CERRE is looking for a Communications Manager
The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE) is a well-respected European think tank whose members are major energy, digital, telecom, media and transport companies, as well as national regulatory authorities and prestigious university centres across Europe. CERRE’s mission is to contribute, in full academic independence, to ever more robust regulation systems and practices in the above industry sectors in Europe. Thanks to its high-level academic team, CERRE delivers top quality studies and dissemination activities (seminars, workshops, policy papers, etc.) which are attended and/or read by top/senior level public officials, corporate executives and academics. All CERRE activities aim at providing relevant, timely and original policy recommendations to stakeholders, including in particular the European institutions.
In the midst of an exciting period of growth, this non-profit organisation is now looking for a dynamic, proactive and creative communications manager. Reporting to the Director General, she/he will devise, drive and implement a comprehensive external and internal communications strategy to support organisational goals and enhance the think tank’s visibility.
IDEAL CANDIDATE'S PROFILE:
- Significant experience as communications manager, preferably in a think tank, NGO, public affairs agency or industry association.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the European scene, its functioning, its key players in the policy, regulatory, corporate, associations, media and press milieu (in particular those relevant to the activities of the think tank) and how to reach out to them.
- Evidence of achievements in relations with media, other interested parties and relevant targets, utilising a multi-channel approach.
- Clear, fluent and concise analytical and (oral and written) communication skills.
- Exposure to public affairs within the context of media and stakeholders relations.
- Confidence in identifying – on the basis of often complex economic or legal material – key policy messages to communicate.
- Experience of planning and delivering mailings and publications for groups of stakeholders.
- Research and proofreading skills with outstanding attention to detail to ensure all materials are high quality and accurate.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a small/lean and dynamic team (currently less than 10 people in the head office, the academic resources being based in their respective universities).
- Positive, ambitious, resilient and solutions focused.
- Diplomacy and tact to have senior academics accept that, for communication purpose, some of their material will need to be edited or even rewritten.
Manage the communications and develop the visibility/awareness of CERRE and its activities among:
- the various opinion and policy makers (e.g. European Commission, European Parliament, member states’ governments and Permanent Representations to the EU, etc.);
- other stakeholders in the regulation process and systems, and in particular corporations and regulatory authorities active in the digital (telecom, audiovisual media, internet, gaming, soft- and hardware manufacturers, etc.), energy, mobility, and water sectors etc., and their respective, relevant associations;
- the think tank’s current & potential members.
- Develop long-term relationships with key target media with EU and possibly also national, broadcast and trade press to score media wins for the organisation.
- Engage with colleagues from across the organisation to agree outcomes, objectives and key messages from research projects and events.
- Develop and implement an annual media strategy of coordinated output of by-line articles, press releases, op-eds, media appearances and speaking opportunities for the senior team in target media and public events.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of strategy campaigns through engaging, advising and encouraging colleagues on the best use of digital communications.
- Establish rapid-response media and communications procedures.
- Management of all communication channels including website, social media, external media and internal communications.
- Management of the production of publications, including reports, briefings, blogs, newsletters, annual report, etc.
- Management of the CERRE ‘identity’, ensuring consistency of branding and messaging across all channels.
- Management of the production of bespoke marketing materials, to promote CERRE membership amongst relevant target groups.
- Setting and monitoring standards and guidelines to ensure consistency and quality of messaging.
- Fluent written and spoken English; French is a plus.
- Brussels (Avenue Louise / Abbaye de la Cambre / Avenue Legrand)
- A competitive package is being offered
- CV and motivation letter to be sent to Maryse.Fernemont@cerre.eu .
- Starting date: ASAP
- Selection: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.