CERRE is looking for an Energy Expert
In the midst of an exciting period of growth, CERRE is looking for a dynamic, proactive and creative professional who will be heading its energy related activities.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
- Increasing CERRE positioning, image building, respectability and influence among the energy sector’s stakeholders;
- Managing at senior and operational levels relationships CERRE’s energy members
- Recruiting new members;
- Contributing, in cooperation with the academic resources and the members, to the development of CERRE’s programmes of activities in the energy-related and cross-sector activities, and in particular to the identification of attractive, novel, relevant and timely issue papers, research projects, policy papers and dissemination activities;
- Securing members’ involvement and financial support to the above projects and activities;
- Overlooking the implementation of the energy projects and activities in tight liaison with the Joint Academic Directors, the Senior Programme Manager and the Senior Communications Manager, guarantee the timely and impactful completion of projects, as well as their quality;
- Ensuring a smooth, consistent and efficient coordination of all CERRE activities in the energy and climate sector;
- As a member of the leadership team, play a key part in the definition and implementation of CERRE’s general development strategy and activities.
- 10+ year executive experience of energy and climate policy and regulation developed in a supplier, a TSO or DSO, a regulator, a think tank, a consultancy or a trade organisation. Other equivalent experiences could, however, be considered.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of EU energy/climate policies and regulation, the European scene, its functioning and its key relevant corporate, regulatory and association players. Experience of energy-related competition issues and cases will be a plus.
- Evidence of achievements (and completion of objectives) in his/her various activities including in particular the management of a business unit, or the equivalent in the non-profit sector.
- Clear, fluent and concise analytical and (oral and written) communication skills, including confidence in addressing small as well as larger audiences.
- Ability to work as part of a small and dynamic team (currently less than 10 people in the head office, the 25+ academic resources being based in their respective universities).
- Strong people management skills, diplomacy and tact allowing her/him to be recognised as a natural, respected colleague and/or speaking partner by the CERRE staff including the (most often very senior) academic resources, by top and senior management of current and prospective members and by third parties (including in particular EU officials).
- Demanding standards for his/her own work and deliverables as well as for his/her colleagues’, including a keen eye for detail.
- Positive, ambitious, resilient and solutions focused.
- Fluent written and spoken English; French is a plus
- Brussels (Avenue Louise / Abbaye de la Cambre / Avenue Legrand)
- A competitive package is being offered
- Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “APPLICATION: Head, Energy”.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible as review of applications will begin immediately.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.