Vacancy: CERRE is recruiting a Project Assistant
CERRE is currently recruiting a project assistant, to begin in early 2017, to help deliver its programme of research activities, public events and communications. See below for more information on the role, the person specification and how to apply.
Assist in the organisation of high-profile public events & private meetings, including:
- Researching, inviting & liaising with speakers;
- Preparing newsletters & other event-related material;
- Processing registrations;
- Completing event logistics, room bookings, travel arrangements etc.
Research Project Administration
Assist in the delivery of research projects, including:
- Organising project meetings & conference calls;
- Communicating with stakeholders & participants;
- Preparation & editing of project documents.
Assist in CERRE’s internal and external communication work, including:
- Frequent editing & updating of CERRE website;
- Drafting newsletters & other CERRE communications;
- Communicating with CERRE member organisations, academic staff and other stakeholders;
- Management of databases.
- Energetic, result-oriented organiser with a keen eye for detail;
- Able to organise, to set priorities and to deliver multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to successfully integrate in a small team where everybody is multi-tasked;
- Hard worker, flexible, with a sense of urgency, stress resistant;
- Impeccable presentation and discretion;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders, often at senior level.
- Bachelor degree, 0 to 4 years' experience (preferably in a similar job);
- Excellent (spoken and written) command of English and French;
- Experience in conference/event management, both in terms of content and logistics
- Knowledge of European institutions, their operations and general EU decision-making processes,;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
Additional Experience = A PLUS
- Drafting newsletters, event publicity and other communications;
- Website Content Management systems, basic HTML and design software skills;
- Delivery of international research projects, involving multiple stakeholders Knowledge of the policy environment in one or more sectors relevant to CERRE’s activities (energy, telecoms, media, transport).
- A motivating work environment within a respected European think tank;
- Full time 38 hours / week, but ability to adapt to flexible working hours;
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- Opportunities to develop within a very successful, growing organisation;
- A small and dynamic team.
- Currently Arts/Loi/Luxembourg; relocation planned for first semester 2017 (possibly Avenue Louise / Legrand)
- Application only with a letter describing your motivation (maximum 1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages) in appendix;
- All documents to be submitted by mail, in English and in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Applications not meeting all the above requirements will not be considered;
- Deadline for receipt of applications: 4 January 2017 at the latest;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; no contact by phone.