JOB - Head of Digital, Telecoms & Media Programme
The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE) – the think tank promoting better regulation in network and digital industries – is growing.
We are looking for a dynamic, proactive and creative senior executive who will be responsible for all our activities in the digital, telecoms and media sectors.
Reporting to the Director General, our new colleague will:
- Work with our member organisations (corporations, regulatory authorities and academic centres) and academic team to design and fund a work programme in the digital, telecoms and media sector, including research projects, policy papers, events and other activities that bring incisive policy recommendations for on-going debates and help set the future agenda;
- Direct and deliver that programme by working closely with colleagues on event, project and communications management;
- Strengthen CERRE’s position and make us an indispensable voice in policymaking and regulation;
- Help us deliver more value to our members, by meeting their needs while maintaining our independence;
- Recruit new members to join CERRE’s work;
- Have an active role within CERRE’s leadership team and help advance CERRE’s overall strategy and activities.
The ideal candidate:
- Has more than 7 years’ experience in public affairs linked to digital, telecoms and media policy issues;
- Enjoys being a natural entrepreneur - always ready to launch new initiatives and activities for their own department but also beyond (i.e. including links to energy and mobility policies and activities);
- Possesses excellent knowledge of the European policy process, its key players and the topics driving the digital agenda;
- Can deliver outstanding results – in programme management, in shaping European policy, in membership development and/or in managing a business unit;
- Enjoys writing new content and developing innovative ideas (ability to promote and communicate content through social media is a significant advantage);
- Is an excellent communicator, equally at ease in dealing with senior executives from our members, with policymakers of all levels and the wider policymaking community, and with our academic team;
- Can maintain and develop a personal network of contacts within the EU institutions;
- Will be an enthusiastic colleague, setting high standards for his/her own work, helping others meet their objectives and always focused on finding a solution;
- Is fluent in written and spoken English (other languages always a plus).
The position is based in Brussels (Avenue Louise/Bois de la Cambre) and a competitive package is on offer to the right candidate, who is ideally able to start as soon as possible.
To apply for this position, send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Head of Digital Programme [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line before 7 February 2020.
The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE) helps deliver better European regulation across the digital, telecoms, media, energy and mobility sectors. The independence of our work makes us a trusted partner for stakeholders, including policymakers at European and national levels, while our 50+ members include major operators and regulators from across these industries, as well as reputable academic centres.